Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

May Goals

Many thanks to Candied Fabrics' posts about monthly goal setting, she has inspired me to do the same.  Putting it out here for all to see keeps me to it.  I already know this works from doing this with annual goals and setting a one-word theme for the year.

Here is May's task list, not necessarily in order:
01. Blog at least twice per week.
02. Order business cards (That's a big must-do, quit printing them myself!)
03. Update website. get all the new art on there.
04. Build my presentation about Facebook for Artists, for the East Pierce County Open Studio group. (mtg. at end of month).
05. Develop feather-painting class for the kids signed on to June's American Indian Daycamp at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage and Art Center
06. Complete the eight current commissions. (2/8 done!)
07. Paint studio floor (preps for Open Studio Tour)
08. Adjust background on the canvas painting. "The Auld Man and His Flock".
09. Finish "Eilean Donan Castle" canvas painting.
10. Research local printing costs.
11. Vision Board (80% done!)
12. Daily Affirmations (80% done!)
13. Return to the habit of writing daily gratitudes (so far, so good!)
14. Lose ten pounds in May
15. Add 'About' page to blog
16. Pull body of work together for June's 2-person show, "Feathers and Flutes".

It's a pretty good list, but I can do this... even along with prodding my boy to keep his grades up and make Star rank in Scouts.  I'll revisit these goals at the start of June and post how much I knocked out, along with the posting of goals for June.  Some of this inevitably won't get completed, as it is a lot and I accept that.  I will at least show the percentage completed on those tasks unfinished at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've found posting goals to be immensely helpful - hopefully you will too! ;-)