Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pride of the Glens

"Pride of the Glens", one of my very recent pieces and part of my ever-growing new series "To Scotland and Back", has just found himself a new home.  On Monday morning this stag will be on his way to St. Andrews Scotland - which delights me to no end!
For those of you who may be unfamiliar, it's a red deer - they're similar but smaller to our North American elk and native to Great Britain.  I'd seen a rather large herd of stags at the bottom of Glen Etive during my backpacking adventure there last summer.  My sad little camera didn't have the power to zoom in on them and do them justice, but I will be posting photos of the stags, and also the gathering of hinds I saw not too far from them. 

So... just a quick little post tonight so you can see this fellow before he "goes home".   I'm a tad envious, I wish I was heading back over there too!




No comments: